Gourmet meals in 20 minutes beats fast food anytime! One potato and one egg with a splash of milk serves two family members that need to run out the door.
2 potatoes, shredded with skin on Optional:
2 Tbsp of flour Smoked Salmon
2 eggs Sliced Ham or Bacon, cooked
2 Tbsp milk Spinach
1 Tbsp each lard and butter Asparagus
Salt and pepper, to taste. Hollandaise Sauce
- Wash potato and shred with grater or food processor.
- Toss with flour and salt and pepper.
- Melt lard (or oil) in frying pan then add butter.
- Spread potato mixture over hot pan to make a potato pancake. Do not disturb.
- Beat eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
- When edges have browned and potato is turning translucent, flip the entire potato pancake over.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over potato pancake. When bottom side has browned, flip once more to cook any egg on top of potato.
- Divide in half and place on serving dishes.
Optional: Garnish with smoked salmon, bacon or ham, a cooked vegetable and/or hollandaise sauce.