The leaves are falling and a chill is in the air. Serve this soup 4 the luv of seeing a smile spread over your family’s faces.
- 2 5oz. cans of clams
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup diced potato
- 2 cups liquid (clam juice plus water)
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp of dry thyme
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
1. Drain clams, reserving liquid. Rinse clams well.
2. Saute bacon in a deep sauce pan until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
3. Saute onion in bacon fat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, liquid, coconut milk, salt, pepper and thyme.
5. Cover and simmer approx. 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Add clams and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
7. Serve garnished with parsley and bacon.